Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Cult of personality
1. Thanks in part to an overwhelming need to salute a countrywoman who made good, I was named after the first Black woman to win the title of Miss Universe.
2. A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I appeared on an episode of Reading Rainbow. Yes, I was one of the dorky runts who summed up a book review in 60 seconds or less. The VHS copy will be taken to my grave.
3. I graduated high school at 16 and college shortly after my 20th birthday.
4. The approximate generation gap between myself and my three half-siblings spans my exact age: a quarter century.
5. I still have the response to a fan letter I sent way back in 1989 framed and I refuse to throw it away just out of the kitsch value. The artist(s) in question? New Kids On The Block. Stop laughing, goddamnit.
Five victims chosen to be in the hot seat:
- Elle B. commented at 12/19/2005 02:07:00 AM~
How did that Reading Rainbow appearance come about? My inner child is slightly jealous cus, I always to be on that show when I was younger.
- Will commented at 12/19/2005 02:26:00 PM~
Seeeeeee? That's why I asked you to do it. So when we FINALLY go to lunch *cough* next week *hack*, we'll already have some topics to jump off of. LOL
Seriously, thanks for playing along.
Want to Post a Comment?