Tuesday, August 23, 2005
For sentimental reasons
- Will commented at 8/23/2005 08:52:00 PM~
Amen, my sista. I salute the sacredness of blessed unions in general and raise a glass to your parents in particular!
- Butta commented at 8/24/2005 01:38:00 AM~
This is a wonderful tribute, Trini. I'm sure your dad is looking down and smiling.
- the expressive one commented at 8/24/2005 02:26:00 PM~
it seems like a lasting marriage is the thing that only a djinn in a bottle could make happen these days. beautiful post.
- BFKASO commented at 8/24/2005 04:08:00 PM~
"The Black Cake and Punch - A - Creme" its amazing how synonymous these things are with happy moments in the life of a Trini, Bajan, Jamaican...etc person. You might have just inspired my next post.
Good times are few and far fleeting in the world we live in and that much more painful when the one you shared those times with is gone...my sympathies to you and yours
- *amber* commented at 8/24/2005 09:11:00 PM~
That's very sweet Trini. I could only hope to have a marriage like that.
- Danyel commented at 8/24/2005 09:19:00 PM~
yay! I'm listening to an instrumental version of "Betcha By Golly Wow" right now, toasting your parents, and hoping my new marriage lasts as long and is as strong. So happy you shared this.
- TriniPrincess commented at 8/24/2005 11:49:00 PM~
Will - I'm clinking wine glasses with ya in my head.
Butta, Leah & Amber - thank you...I hope we all find something as meaningful when we least expect it.
bkfaso - You know how we West Indians do...just a mention of one thing can take you right back to good times.
Danyel - I hope you and Elliott have many wonderful memories ahead of you. The Essence piece on your courtship last month made me feel all warm and fuzzy... =o)
- Mealone commented at 8/26/2005 02:03:00 PM~
This template is HOT!
- Midlife Crisis commented at 8/26/2005 05:34:00 PM~
Cool. What a beautiful legacy your parents have bequeathed to you.
- Beauty commented at 8/29/2005 12:17:00 AM~
That was really sweet...may your father rest in peace.
Want to Post a Comment?